2020-2021 Fees for 10 months, which is equivalent to a full year and 5 months, which is equivalent to 1 Semester. For early arrivals or late departures, there may be an additional fee of $30/night for stays beyond the recommended arrival and departure dates.
*Prices are subject to change without notice
International Education Program Refund Policy
- Application fee is non-refundable;
- Homestay Administration fee is non-refundable;
We are pleased to offer to international students an opportunity to attend and participate in educational studies in British Columbia. This following explains our procedures for refunding fees when a student enrolls in our International Education Program and wishes to withdraw. This procedure may change, and any amendments will be effective when posted.
Making a Request for Refund
Refund requests must be made in writing and addressed to the Director of International Education Programs. Refund requests should include any relevant documentation supporting the basis for the request. We may request additional documentation to assess your request if needed.
Refunds are not available for administrative fees, Application Fee, Homestay Fee and Custodial Fee that are paid to the School District for receiving and processing as student’s application or enrollment to the School District (“Non-Refundable Fees”) in any circumstances and regardless of the reason for a student’s cancellation or withdrawal.
If the School District has collected any fees or expenses that have been collected by the School District and are payable or have been remitted to third parties on the Student’s behalf (e.g. medical fees, insurance fees, assessment fees, taxes), then any available refunds will depend on the policies of the third party and whether payment of the monies is forgiven or refundable by the third party.
When Refunds Are Not Available
We reserve the right to refuse any request for a refund, regardless of the reason for the request, if it is received after the commencement of the Educational Program.
Refunds shall not be issued in respect of a Student who:
- is suspended or expelled from an Educational Program or required to withdraw due to their own inappropriate behavior, such as where the student fails to comply with the School District’s Code of Conduct or any applicable laws or the rules, policies or procedures of the School District or its homestay program;
- is removed from the Program because information provided in their application for enrollment is determined by the School District to be false or misleading, including undisclosed illness, medical or mental health conditions or undisclosed educational needs;
- submits a request for a refund after the commencement of the Educational Program, or
- has a status change from fee-paying to non-fee paying upon their parent or guardian acquiring a study/work permit or becomes a permanent resident and is in Mission, British Columbia for a settled purpose after September 30th of the current school year.
When Refunds will be Considered. The School District will receive and consider requests for the refund of Fees, other than Non-Refundable Program Fees:
1. the Student is refused a study permit by Immigration Canada, provided that the refusal is not due to the Student’s delay or failure to apply sufficiently in advance of the commencement of the Educational Program and subject to the Student providing supporting documentation satisfactory to the School District;
2. the Student is unable to travel to Canada due to travel bans or restrictions imposed by a provincial or the federal government of Canada or the government of the Student’s country of residence; or
3. the School District is satisfied that the Student is medically unfit or unable to travel to and attend in Canada to participate in the Educational Program, provided that the Student supplies, upon request, appropriate medical documentation supporting the reasons for the request, and the Student or his/her parents/guardians were unaware of the medical restriction at the time of acceptance of this Agreement; provided that the refund request is received prior to the commencement of the Educational Program.
If the School District determines that a refund is appropriate, we reserve the right to reduce the amount of Program Fees refunded to offset our own costs including the loss of any staff time or resources arising from a student withdrawal. Generally, reduction in amount of Program Fees refunded will be as follows:
- 75% of the Program Fees will be refunded in the event that the withdrawal is more than 90 days prior to the commencement of the Program;
- 50% of the Program Fees will be refunded in the event the withdrawal is submitted less than 90 but more than 30 days of the commencement of the Educational Program; and
- 25% of the Program Fees will be refunded in the event the withdrawal is submitted less than 30 days but more than 1 day of the commencement of the Educational Program.
- Cancellation or Interruption by the School District.
- In the event of a cancellation of the Educational Program by the School District, the School District’s sole obligation and liability to the Student and his/her parent/guardian shall be to pay:
- A full refund of the Program Fees in the event that the School District cancels the Educational Program prior to its commencement.
- A partial refund of the Program Fees in the event that the School District cancels the Educational Program after its commencement, which refund shall correspond to the portion of the Educational Program not delivered, calculated pro rata on a daily basis.
No refunds shall be issued under this section if the Student withdraws prior to cancellation by the School District. For greater clarification, the School District will not refund the Non-Refundable Fees.
- The School District reserves the right to cancel the Student’s enrollment in the Educational Program if the School District does not receive the Fees for that Student within the timelines set out in the Agreement. A cancellation of the Student’s enrollment in such circumstances, shall not entitle the Student to a refund under this section or under this Policy.
COVID-19 – Delays and Interruptions
Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, the School District is not responsible and shall not be liable for any delay or interruption in the Educational Program that arises out of or is caused, directly or indirectly, by the COVID-19 pandemic, including without limitation compliance with any associated public health requirements or guidance, travel restrictions imposed by governmental authorities or operational closures in compliance with the requirements or guidance of public officials in Canada or British Columbia. It is the Student’s responsibility to obtain appropriate insurance coverage to address any and all losses, including the loss of travel or other expenses incurred by the Student as a result of COVID-19 related causes, and the School District shall not be liable for any such losses or expenses. The School District shall not be considered in breach of this Agreement by reason of any delay or interruption in the Educational Program due to the above causes, provided that it resumes the provision of the Educational Program as soon as it is legally permitted and reasonably able to do so, including where resumption of the services occurs through distributed or distance learning or other alternative means of delivery. The School District will provide notice to Students and their parents/guardians of any anticipated delays or disruptions in the Educational Program due to COVID-19 related causes.
Force Majeure Clause
In the event that the School District is not able to perform its obligations under this Agreement or the delivery of the Educational Program is delayed or interrupted as a result of events outside of the School District’s control, including, without limitation, because of strikes, pandemics, disease outbreak, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or Acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunction of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services, the School District will not be considered in breach of this Agreement by reason of such delays or non-performance and shall not be liable to the student or his or her parents/guardians for any loss, injury or expense caused by or arising out of such delays, interruptions or non-performance. In such circumstances, the School District will provide students and their parents/guardians with prompt notice of the intervening event, and shall use reasonable efforts to resume the Educational Program as soon as it is legally permissible and the School District, acting reasonably, is practically able to do so. In such circumstances, the School District may, at its discretion, resume the Educational Program through alternative methods of delivery, including distance, online or distributed learning.
Please note that students and families are making the choice to travel to Canada to study during a world wide Pandemic.**
*Prices are subject to change without notice